India Advisor - Lakehead University
955, Oliver Road, Thunder Bay,
Lakehead University is a comprehensive Canadian university with undergraduate and graduate programs in 10 faculties of study: Engineering, Business Administration, Health & Behavioural Sciences, Social Sciences & Humanities, Science & Environmental Studies, Natural Resources Management, Education, Medicine, Law and Graduate Studies. Almost 9,000 students study at two campuses: Orillia and Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada; including 1000 international students from 63 countries around the world. In 2015 and 2016, Re$earch Infosource ranked Lakehead first among Canada's undergraduate universities.
Programs available for Jan 2018 intake
Masters and PHD programs are open for winter intake.
- Biology - Masters
- Biotechnology - PhD
- Chemistry - Masters
- Chemistry & Materials Science - PhD
- Education - Masters
- Engineering: Electrical & Computer - PhD
- Forestry - Masters
- Forest Sciences - PhD
- Geology - Masters
- Physics - Masters
- Sociology - Masters
- Women's Studies - Specialization *
All Undergraduate programs are available for winter except for Health & Science.
Our most popular undergraduate programs include the
following. For a complete list of undergraduate programs, visit: lakeheadu.ca/programs
- Engineering (Chemical, Civil, Electrical, Mechanical and Software)
- Honours of Bachelor of Science – Computer Science and many other programs
- Honours of Bachelor of Commerce & Business Administration
International Entrance Scholarships
High school and college/university transfer students who are applying for an undergraduate program are automatically considered (with no scholarship application required) for our entrance scholarships:
|Scholarship Total (Value
Per Year in Canadian dollars)
|90.0%+||$30,000 ($7,500 x 4 years)1|
|80.0% - 89.9%||$20,000 ($5,000 x 4 years)2|
|75.0% - 79.9%||$4,000 in year 1 only3|
1 Renewable provided a 90% average is achieved in each academic year. If a student's university academic average falls between 80.0% - 89.9%, the student will receive an amended scholarship valued at $5,000/year for each subsequent academic year for the remaining term of the scholarship.
2 Renewable providing an 80% average is achieved in each academic year.
3 Non-renewable, one-time only scholarship awarded in Year 1
- Bursaries are normally awarded via an application anddemonstrating financial need:
- Alumni Association of Lakehead University International Student Bursary
- LUSU Bursary for an International Student
Graduate Scholarships Available
For more information, visit: lakeheadu.ca/graduate-funding
Application fee waiver available only for Undergraduate applicants met with during education fairs and office visits, face to face. Also, these applications need to be submitted with in a weeks' time of meeting the applicant face to face else the student would need to pay the application fee.
We are pleased to offer personalized campus tours for visitors including a guided tour of campus with a current student, a meeting with a faculty member in the area of interest, and a special meeting with advisors at the Lakehead International Centre (upon request). Campus Tours are offered weekdays and should be booked in advance online at: lakeheadu.ca/future-students/campus-tours If a personal visit is not possible, this website also has a link to our virtual campus tour.
Last date of applications for Jan 2018 intake
- September 30th, 2017 is the last date for Graduate applicants. However, some programs may close sooner if the capacity gets full.
- For Undergraduate programs, We have rolling admissions. The recommended deadline would be November 15th, 2017.
Graduated from Royal Roads University
News and Events
- 1 Year of study +1 year of study = 3 years work permit
- Say no to fraudulent documents
- Don't choose unauthorized consultants
- New CIC (Canada) rules under Bill C- 35 affect students choice of a consultant ...
- Amended Regulations by Canada - EQA IN BC
- Amended Regulations by Canada - You can work off Campus from Day One!