Toll Free 1800 137 8055

Students who register for any college webdirect session will be invited to attend the IRCC Webinar.


A WebDirect fair with the Official Participation of Canadian Universities and Colleges


Public Policy Considerations

The pandemic has highlighted the contribution of immigrants to the well-being of our society. Our economy relies on immigration to fill critical labour market needs across a wide variety of occupations and sectors and as Canada rebounds from the global COVID-19 pandemic, there is an increased need to ensure stability in its workforce.

The public policy targets foreign nationals who have been granted an eligible Canadian credential, and who are currently employed in Canada, to provide an influx of talent across the economic landscape. In so doing, the public policy recognizes the economic contribution of recent international graduates and acknowledges Canada’s ongoing need for the talent, skills, Canadian education and work experience of these skilled immigrants, which has been exacerbated during this exceptional time.

While applications for permanent residence have been accepted and processed throughout the pandemic, the global travel restrictions and capacity constraints have led to a shortfall in admissions in 2020. The 401,000 new admissions announced for 2021 in the 2021-2023 Immigration Levels Plan are key to ensuring Canada has the workers it needs to fill key essential positions and remain competitive in attracting global talent.

As such, I hereby establish that, pursuant to my authority under section 25.2 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (Act), there are sufficient public policy considerations that justify the granting of permanent resident status or an exemption from certain requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (Regulations) to foreign nationals who meet the conditions (eligibility requirements) listed below.

Conditions (eligibility requirements) applicable to principal applicants

Based on public policy considerations, delegated officers may grant permanent resident status to foreign nationals who meet the following conditions.

The foreign national must:

Click here for details:

Canada has taken first place in the 2021 Best Countries Report, an analysis project conducted by US News & World Report. This is the first time the country has claimed the top spot in the yearly ranking, climbing up from the second place in 2020’s report.

Canada beat out 78 other countries, including Japan, Germany, Switzerland, and Australia, which round out the top five. The US comes in at number six.

For more details, please click here:

New federal funding aims to support recruitment, retention of international students. People are welcoming and that is longed-for news for the Cape Breton Island Centre for Immigration in Sydney. The division of New Dawn Enterprises is encouraging international students and their families to make the island their home.

About two years after launching a pilot, the centre's international student support and integration program was recently awarded $600,000 from the federal government to continue its work to support settlement and retention.

Officials say the money from the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency will provide help for up to 800 students the first year, and scale up in years two and three. With this program, the student doesn't have any hard time.

In 2020, Nova Scotia's population reached a record high, based largely on its immigration efforts. But there remains a challenge in keeping newcomers who are often attracted to the larger city centres.

Click here for more details:

As per –OB 194 of CIC , dated November 18, 2010.
Students who study a valid program of 1 year followed by another 1 year valid PG program will qualify for a 3 year work permit . This policy now allows many students to gain high value Canadian education by studying 2 separate 1 year PG programs to gain a 3 year work permit . Many students are often misguided to study 2 year UG programs to get a 3 year work permit. You don\'t have to do that anymore . For more info visit

Numerous cases are reported every year with visa refusals based on non genuine documents like fake educational documents, IELTS scores, fraudulent financial papers, and/or experience letters. Please do not be gullible and get yourself entangled with agents who promise all this. The Canadian High Commission makes a thorough check on all documents and the likelihood of fraud documents getting through are highly unlikely . If caught with fraud documents, a student risks the chance of not only visa refusal but a BAN for visa application for a specific period of time.
Always use genuine documents.

As per current policies of the Government of Canada , it is illegal for individuals and companies to consult on any immigration and visa related manner unless one is certified and approved . Dealing with matters relating to immigration/visas etc by unauthorized /crooked /ghost consultants may lead to legal action punishable by fines and jail terms. Canadian Government spends millions of dollars on reaching out to potential applicants on matters regarding choosing consultants.Authorised consultants should be members of bodies like ICCRC or Canadian Bar Societies .

Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) is increasing awareness by featuring a link to the ICCRC ( the regulatory authority for immigration consultants) website on their page. Under the new Canadian law Bill C-35 , unauthorized/unlicensed agents are not permitted to assist any individual in any dealings with the immigration department . Its application to the education consulting industry prohibits an agent from assisting a student in visa application , thereby not allowing any form of assistance in applying for a study permit . Anyone doing so as a part of their business would be committing a crime and harming the outcomes of the applicant student etc .Detailed information is available at

Further to CIC releasing IP9 - Use of Representatives, ICCRC has developed immigration advisories for various affected industries. These advisories aim to provide a clearer understanding on who is allowed to represent. Attached is the official advisory (#5)by ICCRC for education agents and institutes in relation to student recruitment

Canada has just published revised regulations for its International Student Program (ISP), effectively concluding a process of consultation and regulatory reform that had unfolded over the past year. The new regulations will come into force in June 2014. The major change under the amended regulations is that only students enrolled at designated institutions in Canada will now be able to apply for a study permit (that is, an international student visa). Importantly, each province or territory in Canada will now be responsible for designating which institutions are eligible to receive international students. So far only British Columbia, Canada\'s westernmost province and a leading destination in the country for international students, has formally announced its intentions with respect to the designation process with a Education Quality Assurance EQA designation for colleges to accept International students.

Under the new regulations, all international students with a Canadian study permit will now be automatically authorised "to work off-campus for up to 20 hours per week during the academic session and full-time during scheduled breaks without the need to apply for a separate work permit." Co-op placements will be similarly affected under the revised regulations. Whereas any international student could have applied for a co-op work permit previously if a co-op placement was an integral aspect of their programme of study, the new regulations stipulate "only international students who are pursuing studies at a secondary school or at a designated institution may apply for a co-op work permit."

Participating Universities & Colleges

  • cape-breton-university
  • algonquin-college
  • alpha-colleger
  • bow-valley-college
  • brock-university
  • carleton-college
  • college-st-michel
  • fanshawe-college
  • fraser-international-college
  • fleming-college
  • george-brown-college
  • georgian
  • international-college-of-manitoba
  • JIBC
  • kings-university
  • lakehead-university
  • loyalist-college
  • memorial-university-of-newfoundland
  • niagara-college
  • niagara-toronto
  • north-island-college
  • Norhern-pures-college
  • royal-roads-university
  • Ryerson-University
  • ryerson-university-international-college
  • saskatchewan-polytechnic
  • seneca-college
  • sheridan-college
  • sait
  • thompson-rivers-university
  • trebas-institute
  • trent-university
  • university-of-alberta
  • UOG
  • university-of-lethbridge
  • university-of-saskatchewan
  • university-of-waterloo
  • vancouver-island-university
  • laurier
  • york-university

Note: Participants list may vary by city

(A Punjab Govt. License No. MA-1(4) 06/ 10-01-2017)

  Register Now